Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Pls lm wondering if adopted child in UK who is 27years can

Customer Question

Hi .pls lm wondering if adopted child in UK who is 27years can invite her biological mother abroad for a visit. Thnx
Assistant: What steps has the mother taken? Has she filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does the mother live in? If different, what is her citizenship?
Customer: Ghana. In Africa
Assistant: Has the mother talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just wanted to know if it will be possible since my adopted mother is the sister tom my biological mother . The adopted mother is in UK but lm not living wth her now. Thnx
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 15 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, so this would just be for your mother to visit? For ease of conversation I will refer to your biological mother as "mother" and adopted mother as "adopted mother".

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Mother is in Ghana and child is British
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Pls you can call me .on 07825998282

Hi thank you for your message, I understand, if this is just for a visit then the mother will need a visitor visa this can be applied for online and will cost £94 it will allow her to visit the UK for up to 6 months. The application can be done here: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ive paid £5 with my debit card .pls was the payment not successfully
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Pls lve not got an answer to my question yet.

Hi thank you for your message, you have asked a question about getting a mother on a visit which I have responded too, yes this can be done, the way to do this is via a visitor visa. I have explained how long this lasts and how much it costs, the link to apply is above. I do not do calls through this service, in any event the payment failed for the call and I have answered your question anyway. With this in mind, please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.