ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Adjunct Lecturer at University of Technology
104128041

I claimed asylum on 12-09-2018, then i got rejected from the

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I claimed asylum on 12-09-2018, then i got rejected from the HO on 16-05-2019 then i my appeal has been dismissed in the first tier last week
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I just want to know what are the errors of law
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: and how long does it take to get the permission to appeal from the first tier
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's the 2 basic questions thank you
Good daybyour question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes, please
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no thanks, I would prefer chatting rather than call
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you please answer me?

Were you self represented at the hearing?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No, thanks
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would you please answer my questions
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what are the errors of law in a judgment

I am trying to answer your question but in order for me to do so, I do need to clarify things with you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
and how long does it take to get the permission for appeal

An error in law in a judgment is where you are able to show that the judge misapplied the law. Therefore, you would have to go through the written reasons from the judge in relation to your appeal. You will then need to see where the judge having reviewed your application came to a wrong conclusion having applied the law.I am unable to say in abstract what the error in law is without having reviewed the judgment and the evidence that was submitted by your at your hearing.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No, I have a solicitor with me, but I could not get an answer from her

You have 14 days after receipt of the written reasons to lodge an application for permission to appeal.

Below is the form that you will need to complete in order to do this.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/appeal-to-the-upper-tribunal-immigration-cases-form-iaft-4

I hope I have clarified things for you. Kindly let me know i I may be of further assistance. kindly take the time to rate the services received.

All the best

RL

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay, the judge didn't ask me a single question and the HO representative asks 3-4 questions only and then the judge put the same rejected points from the home office decision can this be an error of law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
how long does it take to receive their reply on my application
No. That may be an issue with the procedure. You need to ask your solicitor for the judges reason reasons.
There is no set rule as to how long it should take.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
is there any approximate figure?
No. Each application differs
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
the judge ignore some evidence and didn't mention it at all, however, it is supported my claim and also said something on the witnesses that they relied on me, however, it is mentioned clearly in one of them that he knew my story from another person at the same time it was happened
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can those points be an error of law
They can be bother errors of fact and law
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry my English is not that good
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what do you mean by bother
My apologies that should be both. I must warn you that what you are attempting to do may be fatal to any ultimate appeal you may want to lodge. If you are unhappy with the way your solicitor has handled your case you may want to look into changing them. What you must do is go to what was given as the judges written reasons and highlight how they applied the law in error. So for example above you may want to say that the judge did not consider your evidence and as a result this caused them to come to an incorrect conclusion. You just state all the evidence which was ignored and why this caused the judge to conclude wrongly.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you
You are most welcome.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
"I must warn you that what you are attempting to do may be fatal to any ultimate appeal you may want to lodge" do you mean this conversation?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
?