How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1833
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

My eldest son came here in 1996 and spent a month with his

This answer was rated:

My eldest son came here in 1996 and spent a month with his younger brother stepmother and myself. However he wishes to come and live in the UK, how can he and I go about that to make it possible?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: no none at the moment, but we've spoken, but really don't know where to start because he's 31 years old now.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I havent
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at present
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also at present I'm diabetic and hypertensive and recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.


I can help you for your concerns.

if he wants to visit in UK then you can sponsor him for visit visa.

if he wants to live in UK permanently.

you have explained that your son is 31 years old. He should look a job with such an employer which has licence to issue Certificate of sponsorship.

if he gets such job then he can apply Tier 2 visa.


he can apply Tier 1 investor visa or Tier 1 start up visa.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating.

IA Solicitors and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you supply a list of employers which has licence to issue Certificate of sponsorship?

we are unable to provide them

we are unable to provide their details.