SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My husband has used me for Visa and now he has got a 6 month

Customer Question

My husband has used me for Visa and now he has got a 6 month extension without telling me.. what do I do ?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have a son together who he doesn't even care about
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 months ago.

If he is on a spousal visa and you are not happy to support him further and you are certain the extension is based on your marriage you can inform the home office and they will investigate and if he is guilty of an immigration offence they will most likely curtail the visa and order him to leave the country. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you but all of a sudden he remembers he has a son.. he has also got a schengen Visa too..

The schengen visa does not work in the UK. Is he only visiting UK then or he had the 2.5 years spouse visa? I am not sure how if that’s what he has he only extended for 6 months. If he had a visitor visa on what grounds did he extend because it’s not a visa that normally gets extended by the home office.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He already has completed 2.5 year's on the spouse visa.. he extended another 6 months I don't know on what grounds?
He sent a picture of his schengen visa and has said I will be back (for the son).. all of a sudden he remembers that he has a son!!
My son is 32 months old and he forgot all about any occasion or festival's/ birthdays that he should come and spend as a family..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think he is trying to get permanent stay in this country by using my son now ..
Hi, you can contact the home office to advise them you did not support your husband’s application and if his stay is based on you you want it curtailed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But is there any way he can use our son for stay ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Hi, if your son is british citizen and you are no longer together yes he can apply to remain as a parent of a british child and will have to show that he is not with child's mother and that he will maintain him without recourse to public funds and that it would be unreasonable to expect your son to leave the country with him.

Your rating would be appreciated at this stage

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi thanks for the reply, will he even be able to get stay even though he has no involvement or interest in the child ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He doesn't even want to meet his son but just wants to stay in the country because our son is British

I appreciate your anxieties but you cant ever predict home office decision. He will have to provide evidence of his involvement with the child so if he has nothing at all the home office will see that and will most likely refuse

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

You are welcome

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello, is it possible for him to get a 6 month extension without me knowing?

Hi there is no 6 months extension on a spousal visa, you ought to verify what type of leave he actually has. Spousal visa is for 2.5 years and is extended for further 2.5 years. You would provide supporting documents as a sponsor however if he has done it and he indeed has a spousal visa extension then he may have just had access to your documents.

I must ask that if you have a lot more questions you add Q & A time or we speak on the phone in order to complete on your question.