How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3137
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I spoke to someone yesterday but have a few more questions.

This answer was rated:

Hi, i spoke to someone yesterday but have a few more questions. My brother was sentenced to 200 community service 13 years ago. He did some of it and then left UK for good. Now he would like to visit me and I wanted to find out if he will be arrested upon entry to the country. I got an answer that it may happen, but I'd like to know if there is any way to get the situation sorted without him being imprisoned.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there also any way to find out if this still stands, any record of it? How to access it?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, anybody there?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. If he didn’t complete his sentence there is more likely than not that there is a warrant for his arrest and yes they would arrest him and he would be brought before the magistrate where he could get custodial sentence. You may wish to engage a criminal solicitor to check if there is a warrant out for him but if there is there is really nothing he can do for it to disappear. When he applied tills for his visa he will have to declare all convictions in any event and the home office may find out at point of considering application that there is a live warrant. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best


SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3137
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
SolicitorRM and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you