SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I spoke to someone yesterday but have a few more questions.

Hi, i spoke to someone yesterday but have a few more questions. My brother was sentenced to 200 community service 13 years ago. He did some of it and then left UK for good. Now he would like to visit me and I wanted to find out if he will be arrested upon entry to the country. I got an answer that it may happen, but I'd like to know if there is any way to get the situation sorted without him being imprisoned.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there also any way to find out if this still stands, any record of it? How to access it?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hello, anybody there?

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. If he didn’t complete his sentence there is more likely than not that there is a warrant for his arrest and yes they would arrest him and he would be brought before the magistrate where he could get custodial sentence. You may wish to engage a criminal solicitor to check if there is a warrant out for him but if there is there is really nothing he can do for it to disappear. When he applied tills for his visa he will have to declare all convictions in any event and the home office may find out at point of considering application that there is a live warrant. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK