Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Assistant: How can I help? I need a vice on settled status

Customer Question

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need a vice on settled status as a French immigrant, in particular my criminal record
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: None - not yet - french
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a very old offence (+15 years ago) I did 2 weeks in jail I was 20 or 21
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 15 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, you should apply under the EU settlement scheme ASAP, this is based on residence and a criminal records check is not conducted for these purposes. If you have been in the UK for 5 years or more you will be granted indefinite leave to remain (ILR) if not then you will be granted a visa for up to 5 years. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.