How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3560
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I have some question regards to my present situation about

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have some question regards ***** ***** present situation about Naturalization
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I just want to start the process now
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 months ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. What do you need to know about the application for naturalisation?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
arrived in the UK in 2011 on a spouse visa, in 2013 the marriage broke down and the home office curtailed my visa and I appealed the decision based on domestic violent at the first tier tribunal but the judge refused the appeal, went further to request to at the upper tribunal but the turned down.
in 2014 I moved in with my EEA partner made another application based on a family member 6 months later the application was refused home office claimed I have submitted an ongoing human right application which I did not. In 2015 I appealed the decision and the judge asked the Home office to provide evidence such application existed, but there was evidence, the home office lawyer said, they sent letter to report at the police station to sign but, I did not receive such letter surprising the Judge refused my appeal based on the fact I got my stepdaughter Date of Birth wrong, in 2016 I reapplied for residence card and was granted. In 2019 I applied for settle status and was grated (ILR).
No criminal convictions
but a couple of 2 Fixed penalties noticed was issued in 2013 and 2015
on IVA since 2013
1 or 2 parking ticketNow my question is this, do I qualify for Naturalisation on grounds of good character?
will my application succeed?
The solicitor is working on your question and will respond on this page and via email.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 months ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. The immigration history should not normally concern you if the home office have since granted you leave as they will have considered the refused applications already and decided to disaregard them when you got your residence card. FPNs and PCN are considered and there is no public record of IVAs so the home office would not find that. the last 3 years before your application are the crucial years and your last FPN was 4 years ago. There is no imprisonment an no convictions. Its not a pretty picture but it is not the worst. You can enclose a covering letter to explain these records and to show that you are remorseful and have not had any further issues for 4 years now. They will certainly consider them but I have seen worse explained and you should be ok. No solicitor can say to you you will succeed because nationality decisions are entirely at the secretary of state's sole discretion. what you should not do is to not disclose them as that would be deception and when they find the information on their own they will refuse your application.

I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you help me with my application?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 months ago.
Hi thank you for you message. Apologies for the delay in responding I have not been online. I can call you under the JA premium service and guide you through the application if that would help. JA only offers online and telephone assistance. I will send you a call offer and as and when you are ready to speak you can accept the offer