chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I brought my children from Ghana to the UK three days ago

I brought my children from Ghana to the UK three days ago ,their passports have been collected by the immigration because they don't they say they don't have my surname.But my name is ***** ***** birth certificate what can I do?I named them after some family members since it is acceptable in Ghana
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK with my Italian wife who sponsored them as eu family member
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They say I have to report with the children next Wednesday and I'm afraid they might deport them

Thank you for your query. Do you have the children's birth certificates?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm on train and can't talk

Thank you for the clarification. If you have birth certificates and you can prove that they are your children, I do not think youbhave anything to worry about.

You may wish to visit a local Solicitor and have a Statutory Declaration prepared explaining the circumstances.

The Home Office will not just deport your children. If there is any uncertainty regarding parentage, they will request a DNA test.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

many thanks