How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 14286
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I brought my children from Ghana to the UK three days ago

This answer was rated:

I brought my children from Ghana to the UK three days ago ,their passports have been collected by the immigration because they don't they say they don't have my surname.But my name is ***** ***** birth certificate what can I do?I named them after some family members since it is acceptable in Ghana
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK with my Italian wife who sponsored them as eu family member
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They say I have to report with the children next Wednesday and I'm afraid they might deport them


Thank you for your query. Do you have the children's birth certificates?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm on train and can't talk


Thank you for the clarification. If you have birth certificates and you can prove that they are your children, I do not think youbhave anything to worry about.

You may wish to visit a local Solicitor and have a Statutory Declaration prepared explaining the circumstances.

The Home Office will not just deport your children. If there is any uncertainty regarding parentage, they will request a DNA test.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

many thanks

INC Law and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you