Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My boyfriend i algerian and has put in for his visa at the

hi there my boyfriend i algerian and has put in for his visa at the consulate in south africa as thats where he lives. he has new passport and they have asked for him to send his old passport for which his coiuntry have taken back and detroyed so he is unabke too do so
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: we've done the uk visa application they have asked for his old passport and we dont have this as it got destroyed so now we are not sure what to do
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: not yet because its gone tbrough the uk visa . gov system
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much is this service?

Hi thank you for your message, so is it the UK that has asked for his old passport?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
yes well the pretoria handling service
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
what happened was we were hinest about all his trips abrpuad on the visa application
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
yet those trips are all on hisold passport
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
im imagining that they want to double check yet we can provide this info
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
he has copies of everything that we could email in
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
yet thats all he has
and the visa document uploading service in cape town would not allow a photo copy as they wanted the origional document
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
we can email the officer
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
and expklain the sittutaion
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
he tried calling his embassy and they just said its international law to destroy the old passports
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
he asked for this in writing and they refused to do so
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
what would you recoomend

Hi thank you for your message, yes I would recommend you contact the relevant case officer and explain that he no longer has his old passport as this was destroyed when he set this in to acquire his new passport. They cant hen advise what to do next. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.