Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

We hold an EU nationality and we get the permanent residence

Good evening. we hold an EU nationality and we get the permanent residence for more than one year and we are entitled to British citizenship can I Apply for British citizenship for my children before me and my wife?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: we get indefinite to remain in the UK . we live in the UK for more than 6 years. Italian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No. I'm applying online through the GOV.Uk website
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my son is 17 years old does he needs to do an English test
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good evening and thanks for your question today. As I understand you would like to know if your children can apply for British Citizenship first then you, parents, an I correct?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Good evening . yes correct

Your children also have Permanent Residence in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
No thanks I'm fine with writing

I am sorry, it is not me but system itself who offers you a call. I will text you answers don’t worry

Customer: replied 1 day ago.

Yes, you can apply to register children as British Citizens as they are under 18. I assume they also hold permanent residence for in year like you do.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
yes they hold it
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
do they need to do an English test which required for the adults

Usually Home Office has discretion to use and therefore English Language Requirement is not a must here but as your child is already is 17 years old and if he/she speaks well in English I would advise to obtain a certificate as it will only strengthen the application

How old is another child?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
14 years
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
both been studying in Uk schools from 2013 till now

Do they study in the UK schools?

Great! Please provide letters and attendance from their schools as well with the application. With experience I must say that they do not need English Language certificates but as older child is almost 17 I would still consider obtaining level B1 from Trinity College London.

Is there anything else I can help?

I would appreciate if you can give me a positive 5 star rating if you are satisfied with the answers provided today as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

Although, I am still happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
many thanks for your help

No problem, please do text me if you will still need help.

Good morning! Just to update you: do not worry, your children do not require English Language certificates but make sure that you submit applications before your older child turns 18 years old. Thank you.