How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4049
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I am a holder of Macedonian passport. What are the ways to

Customer Question

Hello, I am a holder of Macedonian passport. What are the ways to move to the UK? I want to love and work in the UK and wondering what are the ways for me to migrate to the UK? Do I have any privileges in entering without visa for a certain amount of days? For instance I can travel to Europe without visa and live there for 3 months without exiting.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps or paperwork. I am Russian and Macedonian. I have two passports. I was studying in the UK for five years but I used Russian passport for my visa.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that’s it
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 months ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. i am reviewing now for you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I prefer in writing
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 months ago.

You will need a visa to come to the UK there is no exemption allowing you to come for any period of time without a visa. Since you are looking to work and to live here it is the work permit or the business start up or innovator visas that you would be looking at. The tier 2 General is the main work permit visa to the uk. you would need to have found an employer who is a licensed tier 2 sponsor and who is looking to employ you for a role that they have not been able to fill with a candidate from the EEA. They would offer you with the certificate of sponsorhip and you would need this when you apply for the visa. There is a shortage job list where jobs are shown for which the sponsor will not need to advertise the job to the eea candidates first. You would also need to show you held savings of £945 in your bank account for 90 consecutive days before applying. The start-up business visa will require the same for savings in your ban account however it also requires you to show investment funds of at least £50,000.00 and to have a company that is willing to endorse your business venture.

I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best