How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7075
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

For a French company. We have an employee, originally from

Customer Question

I am CEO for a French company. We have an employee, originally from India, on a EU Blue Card visa. We want to relocate him to the UK. How do we do that? Thanks.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My citizenship is Irish. The rest of my company is mostly French. I have residence in the UK and travel to Paris every week. We have not started any process yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet. Just starting the discovery process. Don't know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - that's it
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.


He would need to qualify for a UK visa in his own right, the EU Blue Card is not valid in the UK.

See here for the various UK work visas:

May I help further?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not for now. Thanks.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome. Please leave a positive rating for my answer.