SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I Goodluck Emmanuel Nnko and Elirehema Kaaya we have been

Customer Question

I Goodluck Emmanuel Nnko and Elirehema Joshua Kaaya we have been expected to go to Scotland to attend the Jubilee conference "25years Diakonia Region Africa Europe" held 19 to 24.6.2019 Edinburgh, Scotland. we made all steps to get Visa through TLScontact. Up today there is no replay nor report about the status. Up to date I have not received back my Passport. I Waunder because recently my fellow received his Passport without any details. I need my Passport because I have to travel to other countries for official issues. Please may you help me to know what has happened? Thanks
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm a Tanzanian and I'm living in Tanzania. I Tried to contact with TLScontact with no solution.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No Have not met any lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What are the reason for not getting a UK Visa to travel and where is my Passport.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I am looking at this now for you

Hi apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I had to take some calls. I am sorry to hear of your situation. You have waited unreasonably long for your passports and decisions. The timeline for the standard visitor visa is 3 weeks so you are right to be concerned. The passport should come with the decision letter and if it is a refusal the letter explains fully why you would have been refused. From outside the UK there is 2 ways to contact the UKVI (this is the body that makes the decisions on applications the TLScontact centre is just a commercial partner that receives the applications and hands the decisions and documents back to applicants on behalf of the UKVI)

You can contact the UKVI by phone
Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges. This option can potentially be expensive if your call takes long as the fee will keep accumulating the longer you stay on the phone. So if you are kept on hold for long you will be charged for the waiting too.

By email you can send your email through this link https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/enq/language/English and emails enquiries cost £5.48. You will not be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

You’ll get a reply to your email within 2 days, except on Saturdays, Sundays and UK public holidays. I would say this is the better and cost effective option because you will have a record of all your emails with them and you will pay one fee, there are no surprises.

I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
For how long should I wait?

Well if you submitted in june then you have waited a very long time, there is a chance the documents may have been lost that is why I am saying you need to contact them by the email link I gave you above without delay. It should normally take 3 weeks for a visitor visa however exceptionally it can take 3 -6 months but you need to contact them.