How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IA Solicitors Your Own Question
IA Solicitors
IA Solicitors, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1833
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
IA Solicitors is online now

Iam married to a Philippine lady for about three years, can

Customer Question

Hello good afternoon Iam married to a Philippine lady for about three years , can I get a British passport for her and my daughter , they have been to the uk on a holiday visa and my daughter as a visa in her passport and can come anytimev
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No I have not taken any steps, not filed in any paper work , I live in England , British
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: We only did a visa last year for six months , and I haven’t seen or talked to any one again
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Example
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  IA Solicitors replied 7 months ago.


I can help you for your concerns.

You will have to apply spouse visa for her as spouse of British National.

For spouse visa, you will have to show that you are earning £18600 per year.

A holiday visa can not be switched into spouse visa with in the UK. She will have to apply spouse visa from her home country.

If you can prove that you have been living together for 2 years together out of the UK then she will be eligible to apply ILr ( Indefinite Leave to remain ) after spending 3 years in UK.

If you can not provide living proves out of the UK for 2 years then she will be eligible to apply ILR after living 5 years in UK.

After ILR, she can apply British Naturalisation and Passport.

I hope it will help you

Please give positive rating