Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

When applying for my child’s passport i’m asked to submit my

Customer Question

Hello, when applying for my child’s passport i’m asked to submit my parent’s first passport to show that the time i was born in the UK they had Indefinite leave to remain status, I don’t have and will not be able to get hold of it... what can i do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, do you have a current valid passport?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I gave birth to my child abroad in September 2019
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello...am i still connected?

Hi thank you for your message, I understand. Yes you are still connected, you should not need to show your original passport. If you can show you have a current valid UK passport from before the child was born that should be sufficient. I recommend you contact the passport office and speak to an adviser this morning to see what alternatives they say you can contact them here: https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line

There is an instant chat service as well as a phone line. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.