UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am an Australian medical doctor and my husband is British.

Customer Question

I am an Australian medical doctor and my husband is British. I enquired to the GMC about exempt person status (I have not yet sat the PLAB exam), and they advised I apply via the EC rights section under 'I am a family member of a UK National'. I am also hoping to work for WHO in Switzerland for 6 months, unsure if this makes a difference working in the EU. What are my chances at gaining exemption through this route or am I better off going through PLAB?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is the form I have been advised to submit to the GMC, although I am dubious to whether I will be accepted on the basis of an Australian medical degree + british husband
https://www.gmc-uk.org/-/media/documents/dc7681-pre-brexit-i-i---investigation---eps3-factsheet_pdf-62153085.pdf
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 8 days ago.

This is relevant if both of you were living in another EU country and moving to the UK.

If you are both living in the UK, that would not apply.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We are currently both living in Australia and relocating to the UK. The GMC advised me to apply via the link above, but not sure how likely it is to be approved

That link applies to people relocating from other EU countries to the UK, you are not claiming EC rights, so that link is not applicable in my view and you should re check this with the GMC.