SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a question about ilr if is possible, i have romanian

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have a question about ilr if is possible
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i have romanian citizenship, i'm living in UK. I already aplied for ilr and i received a confirmation email (no paperworks) on 15 -20 of january 2019. Now I want to continue to apply for british citizenship. What the next step ?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not for now
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry, but my hearing aid no working great right now and I’m afraid I’ll not understand exactly what you’ll say me.

You will only be able to naturalise when you have had your ILR for at least 12 months. You need to sit for and pass your life in the UK exam. If you don’t have a degree from a UK university or a degree from abroad that has been assessed to be equivalent to a UK taught degree you should also pass the English Language Exam.

Once you have these two you can apply for the citizenship on line. They will need the letter that you said you received confirming your ILR and lawful residence in the UK for the relevant period (generally 5 years unless of you are married to a British citizen when you can rely on 3 years).
you will need proof of your ID, proof of lawful residence; proof of address. They will check that you are not a person of bad character so any criminal convictions, cautions. Warnings, reprimands, civil judgements and penalties will have to be declared.
the fee to pay is £1.330.00

i hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience before logging off. All the best

Don’t worry about the call offer it’s automated. As long as you don’t accept it you don’t get charged for it. I have sent your response already above.