Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I have a UK arrest with no charges, is it still possible to

Customer Question

I have a UK arrest with no charges, is it still possible to get a J-1 visa approved ?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: UK national
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the J-1 visa?
Customer: Not yet, I've been offered a job from a us company who have appointed me immigration attorneys
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But haven't answered the question yet on have you ever been arrested
Assistant: Sorry. Please ask it again.
Customer: Does answering yes to have you ever been arrested on the j1 visa questionnaire automatically mean it won't be approved ? Even if the arrest had no charges ?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
To clarify: I have been offered a job in the USA (I'm a UK national) and they've appointed immigration attorneys, however part of the j-1 visa asks have you ever been arrested ?
I have but there were no charges.
Does answering yes to this question on the application automatically mean my visa will be declined ?
If this is the case I would be better declining the job offer..
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 8 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what were you arrested for?