Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can my eu spouse cancel her sponsorship and get my visa

Can my eu spouse cancel her sponsorship and get my visa curtailed if I am hold an EU Family Member Residence Card. My wife is from Romania and I am from India. Thanks.
Also, in case of a relationship breakdown, how do I proceed further with my PR application as she no longer lives with me and I have none of her documents either.
Hi thank you for your message, how long have you been in the Uk?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
5years 11 months.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Married since 5 years +

Hi thank you for your message, you should immediately apply under the EU resident scheme for settled status, you will need to show you have lived in the UK for at least 5 years through the use of documents such as council tax bills, utility bills, bank statements and so on. You will also need to provide ID such as a passport and driving licence. The application is free and can be done online here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status

Most applications are dealt with in a few weeks and once you have settled status your relationship with your partner will not affect your settled status. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have applied for settled status few weeks back, i had been issued pre settled status in July 2019 and was said when I complete my 5 years as qualified person ie complete 5 years as family member with the eu national I can apply to change it to settled status. My wife put allegations of harassment and said to the police I want her back in my life for residency in the country and got me arrested 2 days before my application for settled status. I still applied for settled status, i hace not heard from the home office since and am suffering from mental health issues too. I wanted to know based on the above allegations, can they cancel my pre settled status and not issue me with a settled status, or will they still proceed with the settled status application. And what will happen to my pre settled status then. I am not allowed to speak to my wife as per police bail conditions. And the case is under investigation. The police says they have informed the home office too about the case. Could you please help me in the same. Thanks
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I did declare in the application too that i was arrested as there was a question in the application about the same. Is there a chance they may refuse my application based on my wifes statement.

Hi thank you for your message, they cannot cancel your pre-settled status but this will admittedly affect your application for settled status. The main thing they will be cautious about is character and fitness, with an ongoing criminal investigation this is likely to affect the home office's decision however, they may still grant settled status even in these circumstances. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.