Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

I am currently on a tier 4 student visa, as I am pursuing my

Hello, I am currently on a tier 4 student visa, as I am pursuing my masters degree which ends in August 2020. I just recieved a job offer to start working full time in January while studying. I was wondering what is a possible way for me to do that
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: is it possible to switch to a tier 2 visa in January 2020 or is there any way I can work full time with my Tier 4 visa?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thank you thats it

Good morning and thanks for your question today

As I understand you are currently on a Tier 4 visa and you have been offered a full-time job. Am I correct?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Good morning
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Yes, that is correct
Unfortunately you are not allowed to work full-time on a student visa. Once you will finish your masters degree you can then switch to Tier 2 visa.
Even if your tier 4 visa is curtailed for any reason you can switch to tier 2 visa in the UK.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with and I am happy to answer.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
As i know, I can work with a tier 4 visa after the masters program ends
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
if I can get a document from university saying I am done with my masters, is it possible to start working with the tier 4 visa?
You can work but not full-time while you are in a tier 4 visa.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
what I know is that you can work full time on vacations
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
and everything after the program ends is considered vacation
you need to switch to tier 2 visa if you wish to remain in the UK for a long term and work full-time.
If you only wish to work full-time during your vacations and time left on your visa after you finish your masters degree, this is allowed too.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
and when is the earliest I can switch to tier 2 visa
Once you finish your masters degree you can switch to Tier 3 visa
Sorry Tier 2 I meant
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No problem, I wish you a good luck