Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Want to get my sister in law over to visit us for a couple

Customer Question

want to get my sister in law over to visit us for a couple of weeks what do i do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm born here my wife's sister inlaw is from india i haven't a clue where to start
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: uk
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: please conect me thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

H thank you for your message, she could come over on a visitor visa. She can apply up to 3 months before travel and can stay for up to 6 months it costs £95 to apply. She can apply online here: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She won't be able to fill it out she is clever enough but won't have a computer to do it
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
what do i do from here?

Hi thank you for your message, she has to apply unfortunately. You might be able to come to an arrangement with her as to how she might apply for example you might apply on their behalf. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok do I have to give anything from here proof of relationship etc for her to come here?

Hi thank you for your message, this is a visitor visa rather than a family visa so this can be made notwithstanding her relationship with you. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
So I don't need sponsor papers bank statements wages etc this is what I keep hearing from other friends

Hi, thank you for your message, no because you are not sponsoring her as such. The main thing though will be the home office will want to see a reason for your sister in law to return to India and is not going to overstay such as a job, she is married so that will aid her in that regard. They will also want to see she has the finances during her stay so for example it could be indicated on the form she will stay with you. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.