INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm currently on a tier 2 dependent visa in UK. I'm required

Customer Question

Hi. I'm currently on a tier 2 dependent visa in UK. I'm required to change to Tier 2 general visa owing to my employment. Regarding my maintenance funds, will it be alright to show my husband's funds to support me?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Not yet. I'm planning to make an application shortly. I live in Uk. I'm an Indian Citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Will you be the main applicant once you have switched?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
yes
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It would be great if we could continue this way
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

Would your husband then become your dependent?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No. He is on his Tier 2 general
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

If that is the case, no you will have to show that you meet the financial requirements yourself.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
(170. You will be awarded 10 points if:

you currently have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 2 skilled worker; )

In relation to this clause will my current Tier 2 dependent visa be adequate to prove my maintenance fund or do I still have to show the 90 days maintenance fund.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can my Husband who is currently on a tier 2 visa sponsor my maintenance fund provided I submit his bank statements?
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

I will check this and revert back to you

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
are you still available please?
Expert:  INC Law replied 10 days ago.

I have checked and he is not able to sponsor your maintenance funds. If these are in a joint account, this can be shown.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.