How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 660
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

I want to apply for the 10 year route on family life - what

This answer was rated:

Hi, i want to apply for the 10 year route on family life - what documents would i require? Im on tier 4 visa currently in Uk, married to a british national and have a child as well

Good evening, you can certainly apply for a spouse visa but why under 10 year route? Either you or your wife do not meet the all immigration requirements? If yes you will be given 5 year route.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Because i dont meet the requirements for the 5 year visa - i dont earn 18600
Yours and your wife joint earnings is also less than £18,600?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She does not work, she looks after our baby who is only a few months old
OK I will send you list of the documents you will need.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Right now im doing a placement year and earn 18200, but even if i work part time and make 400 more, home office can say that the placement will finish after a year - what will i do after the year when i go back to university for my last year
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thats why i was thinking of going for 10 year route
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just letting you know, im pakistani by nationality

You will require: copies of passports of yourself, your wife and your British Citizen child.

Copy of your child's birth certificate, copy of marriage certificate, copy of your current visa. Copy of tenancy agreement and letter from the landlord that you all live together unless you or your wife owns the flat.

Divorce certificate if either of you were married before. Items of correspondence addressed to both spouses at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your marriage – if applicable (original correspondence addressed to you jointly or to either of you over the same period at the same address, i.e. Tenancy Agreement, Council Tax, Gas bills, Electricity bills, Water bills, BT/Virgin telephone bills, DVLA letters, NHS letters, Dentist letters, HMRC letters, DWP letters, Credit Cards Statements and Bank Statements)

Cover letter for your application explaining why you do not have enough earnings and even though English language test is not required for 10 years route I would still obtain it.

I would appreciate if you can give me a positive 5-star rating if you are satisfied with the answers provided today as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have though.

Tamari Kokrashvili and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks very much for the detailed answer!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do have some questions though
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is the cover letter mandatory? Explaining about the reasons that i dont meet the financial requirements
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also, do i need a cover letter explaining how i met my wife and about our relationship?

Yes in my opinion cover letter is a must

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay cool, also how many proofs would we need for the address that we live in?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We got letter from landlord saying we can live, joint bank account, letter from hospital, letter from my university, letter from my employer, driving licence of both of us

They are all good evidence but also include bills if you have council tax proof

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We dont have bills because we dont pay any - we live with family so he pays everything
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would it still be enough proofs you reckon? Or shall we look for more?
If you also can get reference letters from family and friend will be good.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay cool, thanks a lot

No, problem. Good luck