SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have been contacted by an immigration consultant who

I have been contacted by an immigration consultant who claims that he can get me a UK residence for 5 years based on my business profile so that I can represent the company that I have shares in, in the UK.My question is, if I get a residence permit in the UK for 5 years, would I be eligible for UK citizenship at the completion of the 5 years?

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Were you contacted without prompting them? What type of visa are they saying they will get you, start up or investor visa?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Start up visa

Start up visa is for maximum 2 years, you can not extend it and therefore it does not lead to settlement. So i am not sure what they meant by 5 years.

You have requested a call and I have tried to call but with no success. Do you require me to call you back?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What type of Visa can I get so that I can settle in the UK with a UK passport?

Uk Investor visa will give you 3 years initially and then 2 years on extension. When you have done 5 years you apply for ILR which you will need to hold for 12 months before you can apply for citizenship. You are only eligible for passport once you secure the citizenship after 6 years in total. The investment funds you will need for this viss is £2,000.000.00. I am online for another 2 hours so if you would want me to call back I should be able to.