SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I'm due to applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in 2021

I'm due to applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in 2021 through Tier-2 General (5 years) route.First, I came to the UK (Tier-2 ICT) during 2013/2014 and returned to home country in May 2015. During that period my company submitted self-assessment form on behalf of me for the tax period 2013/2014 and 2014/2015. However, after I left the UK they haven't closed my self-assessment account.When, I returned to the UK under a Tier 2 General ( 5 Years) visa in March 2016 ( Financial year 2015/2016). I received a late filing penalty notice £100 for year 15/16. However, I spoke to HMRC and they cancelled both penalty and self-assessment account.My big concern is that the penalty notice and not closing the self-assessment account will affect my ILR submission?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No not yet, I haven't taken any steps yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: nope I thought to discuss here first
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I snipped and attached my HMRC self-assessment statement for reference

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. No it will not unless the hmrc had taken you to court already and you lost and they have a ccj against you. If the hmrc have written off and there is no outstanding issue you will be fine you will not have to even mention it when you apply for your ilr. i hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. all the best

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi ,thanks for your response and bring confidence. I'm planning to buy a home in UK so thought to check and confirm either I'm eligible for a ILR or not.
I hope you might have seen my HMRC statement.
How many years HMRC documents will Home office check for ILR?

Hi, yes i had seen it. the penalties you should worry about are of a criminal nature and if hmrc pursued

Hi my message above posted too early. So unless the hmrc have taken criminal or civil action against you the penalty for late filing will not be accessible.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, Thanks for your response and helpful advise