INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My girlfriend came here on a travel visa with “leave to

Hi, my girlfriend came here on a travel visa with “leave to enter for six months”. We now decided we want to get married, but everywhere I search on gov websites says that it cannot be done on a travel visa! Can you please advise us on this! The right way to do it, because I want my girlfriend, feature wife to be able to stay here with me afterwords. She is a Brazilian citizen! Please advice
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: No
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what I wrote

Thank you for your query. Can you confirm that your Girlfriend has a Visitors Visa?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes

If your Girlfriend has a standard Visotors Visa, she will NOT be a to marry in the UK. In order for her to marry, she should have a Fiancee Visa.

She will need to return to her home country and make an application for a Fiancee Visa before returning to marry in the UK.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, I understand! Thank you