Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am a tier 2 visa holder. In the company where I work we

Hello! I am a tier 2 visa holder. In the company where I work we have "unlimited paid leave" and an option to "work remotely". I was working remotely about 4 times (once for a period of 9 days). In this case, should my sponsor have notified the Home Office? When applying to ILR, is it going to be a problem if they did not notify? Asking because I can try now to change this leave type to "holiday". I need to know if it's legal for a tier2 visa holder to work abroad without any business needs.

Hi thank you fro your message, As long as you are still working for your employer and this has been agreed with the employer,
which can be confirmed in writing, this can be acceptable. The Home Office guidance states when applying for ILR "...If any of your absences are in connection with employment you will need to provide a letter from the relevant employer detailing the purpose and period of absences, including periods of annual leave." Therefore, you may wish to get such a letter now. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.