How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 757
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

I am on Short term study visa "6 months", could it be

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am on Short term study visa "6 months", could it be converted to any other type of visa.?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Egyptian and now i am in the UK on Short term study visa "6 months" and i didn't fill any paperwork.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the short term study visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good morning and thanks for your question today

What type of visa do you have at the moment?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Short term study visa "6 months "

Unfortunately, you will not be able to extend this visa from within the country. What is the reason you would like to stay more?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to apply for OSPAP, it's a postgraduate diploma which qualifies me to be a registered pharmacist in the UK

unfortunately, you need to leave the UK and apply from your country of residence for a new visa for this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you for your time

No problem, do you have further questions?

I hope I have helped, I would appreciate if you can give me a positive rating as I have answered your questions and if you are satisfied with the answers provided today as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

Is that OK?


Tamari Kokrashvili and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you