frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My friends tier 4 visa (from Taiwan) expires in about 10

Customer Question

my friends tier 4 visa (from Taiwan) expires in about 10 days. He is applying for the Youth Mobility Scheme visa (which if successful will allow him to stay in UK for another 2 years) but there is a time gap between his visa expiring and the YMS decision of about 20 days. Can he stay in the UK for an extra 20 days after the expiry date of his visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: He currently lives in UK and is Taiwanese citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 4 visa?
Customer: I'm asking you now? If you cannot help with advice that is fine and I will contact a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the answer to my original question
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your query today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok great
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sorry i can't afford £44 for a conversation. Goodbye

As long as your friend has applied for the Youth Mobility Scheme Visa before the expiry of the tier 4 visa date, your friend is legally allowed to remain in the UK until the decision of the Youth Mobility Scheme application is made by the home office. It is important that the new visa is applied for before the expiry of the current visa.

i understand you would only be charged £44 if you request a telephone call.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your kind answer

Before you leave, please kindly rate us. Many thanks.