Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I want to travel to uk how can i get apply for working

Customer Question

i want to travel to uk how can i get apply for working perment pleases i need help
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no have not taking any step am from nigeria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no,
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 2 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, if you want to work in the UK you will need to get a work visa. Before you can get a work visa you will need to find an employer who will sponsor you for work, you can find a list of potential sponsors here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers

You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if:

you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK
you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

You need to be employed by a licensed sponsor to apply to live in the UK.

Your sponsor checks that you can do the job they’re hiring you for and if it qualifies you for a visa. They’ll assign you a certificate of sponsorship to prove this.

They must also give you other information you need when you apply, for example how much you’ll be paid.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.