Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I want immigration advice Assistant: What steps have you

Customer Question

I want immigration advice
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a refugee with an indefinite leave to remain but I am in a hospital detained on a csection 3 of the mental health act and i would to apply for Geneva convention travel document.so i would like if iallowed to apply for one while under section
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: I have a biometric residence permit
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you in the uk?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like know if Im a allowed to apply for a refugee travel document while on a section 3 for treatment in hospital
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

Hi How can I help?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

To apply for a travel document as a refugee - this is called Convention travel document - £75.00. The passport allows you travel abroad but you cannot travel to your country you have sought protection from.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I know that but i want to know if i can apply for one while in a hospital under section 3 of the mental health act
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

Why do you require a travel document?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
To travel to Ethiopia to see my relatives when I'm discharged from hospital
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

The Home Office will consider your application to travel outside the UK, but you must disclose to them about your mental health issues and obtain health insurance.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

The Home Office will then consider your application on such grounds -to see your relatives in Ethiopia.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

Thank you and all the best

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

The form is available online. You should not book your ticket unless your application is approved/granted by the Home Office

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 11 days ago.

I would be grateful if you could kindly give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it