Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I want immigration advice Assistant: What steps have you

Customer Question

I want immigration advice
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a refugee with an indefinite leave to remain but I am in a hospital detained on a csection 3 of the mental health act and i would to apply for Geneva convention travel document.so i would like if iallowed to apply for one while under section
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: I have a biometric residence permit
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you in the uk?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like know if Im a allowed to apply for a refugee travel document while on a section 3 for treatment in hospital
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

Hi How can I help?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

To apply for a travel document as a refugee - this is called Convention travel document - £75.00. The passport allows you travel abroad but you cannot travel to your country you have sought protection from.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know that but i want to know if i can apply for one while in a hospital under section 3 of the mental health act
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

Why do you require a travel document?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To travel to Ethiopia to see my relatives when I'm discharged from hospital
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

The Home Office will consider your application to travel outside the UK, but you must disclose to them about your mental health issues and obtain health insurance.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

The Home Office will then consider your application on such grounds -to see your relatives in Ethiopia.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

Thank you and all the best

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

The form is available online. You should not book your ticket unless your application is approved/granted by the Home Office

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 7 months ago.

I would be grateful if you could kindly give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it