How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2151
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Hope you are doing well.I was wondering if you can help me?

This answer was rated:

Hi Pearl
Hope you are doing well.I was wondering if you can help me? I am holding the UK Refugee Travel Document Convention of 28th July 1951 and I am Iranian by nationality. I was planning to visit Paris from Edinburgh UK within 3 days. by any chance do you know if I need a visa for my trip to France with my travel document?
I really appreciate for your an early reply as I am planning to go on Tuesday 14th of Jan.
Thanks a lot.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in Edinburgh UK. I am refugee here. I do have remain to leave for next 5 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: I have been granted asylum. my question is about the visa to france
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi How can I help?

When you applied for your Travel document applications - which countries did you put down you wish to travel?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
France, Germany , Netherland

If you said France it should be fine - but you must check with the Travel agents as well - they will be able to confirm this!

Thank you and have a safe trip

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have a nice day

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

In your Travel document it should also say which countries you are permitted to travel!

Lawyer21 and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you