Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

Hope you are doing well.I was wondering if you can help me?

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
Hope you are doing well.I was wondering if you can help me? I am holding the UK Refugee Travel Document Convention of 28th July 1951 and I am Iranian by nationality. I was planning to visit Paris from Edinburgh UK within 3 days. by any chance do you know if I need a visa for my trip to France with my travel document?
I really appreciate for your an early reply as I am planning to go on Tuesday 14th of Jan.
Thanks a lot.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in Edinburgh UK. I am refugee here. I do have remain to leave for next 5 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about asylum?
Customer: I have been granted asylum. my question is about the visa to france
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 6 days ago.

Hi How can I help?

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 6 days ago.

When you applied for your Travel document applications - which countries did you put down you wish to travel?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
France, Germany , Netherland
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 6 days ago.

If you said France it should be fine - but you must check with the Travel agents as well - they will be able to confirm this!

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 6 days ago.

Thank you and have a safe trip

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
have a nice day
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 6 days ago.

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would really appreciate it.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 6 days ago.

In your Travel document it should also say which countries you are permitted to travel!