Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

Myself and my two children have been in the UK for the past

Myself and my two children have been in the UK for the past 10 years on a UK ancestral visa, and my children as dependants.
I am applying for a British passport and my kids for ILR-10 year long residence. Do I need to get settled status before my children can apply? Or does the dependant rule not come into effect with the 10 year long term residence ILR?

Good afternoon and thanks for your question today

Hi May I ask, do you already have indefinite leave to remain in the UK?

Hi, do you still need help?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not have ILR, I am on an ancestral visa.
OK. You must apply for ILR first and then for Naturalisation

Hi?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am eligible for a British passport due to the change in the law with regards ***** ***** I do not need to apply for ILR then naturalisation....my issue is that I am in the UK presently on an ancestral visa and my children as dependants. We have been here 10 yrs and my worry is...that the law on dependants states that I need to have right to remain before my dependants but I'm not 100% sure this relates to a ILR 10 year settlement route, or if this only apply if ur applying under ILR ancestry.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have read the law on everything under the 10 long residence clause for ILR and no where do I see that it mentions dependants or anything

I am afraid you are mixing up a few things together. First of all can you please reference from where you say that you do not need to apply for an ILR an that you can apply for passport straight away?