Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I'm nearly on my 5th year in UK and looking forward to

Hi ! I'm nearly on my 5th year in UK and looking forward to getting my permanent residency in March. I have a question with regards ***** ***** outside UK within 5years. I had a job for 2years and it ended on 12 March 2017. I started my new job on 3 April 2017. I went back to my home country on 13th to 25th of March 2017 in between my jobs. Would that affect my residency as I left UK unemployed as I have not started my new job yet at that time?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't taken any steps yet but I want to start applying online by february and start processing my residency. But I am worried that going home in between employments might not grant me my permanent residency. I am Filipino. Currently living and working in UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: at the moment that's my only question

Hi .

Further to your question, can you confirm what Visa you have at present?

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
At the moment I have a Tier 2 working Visa

Further to your response did you have a valid visa when you let the UK?

Furthermore, did you apply for your Tier 2 visa from within the UK or the Philippines.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
So I came to UK 5th of Feb 2015 under working visa for 3 years which is valid until 4th Feb 2018. I applied my visa from the Philippines. I worked at my first job for 2 years and have decided to transfer to a different hospital not finishing my 3 years. I ended my 1st job 12 March 2017.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
On my 2nd job I applied my working visa while I’m in UK..the start of my new working visa is 3rd April 2017.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was told that my 1st working visa ends when I finished my 1st job 12 March 2017. My worry is I went home to the Philippines 13March-25March 2017 before I started my 2nd job which is 3rd April 2017.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would that affect my permanent residency?

Many thanks for clarifying the same for me. I can confirm that your stay in the Philippines will not affect the application as you had leave to remain before you left the UK. This should not affect your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Please do accept my answer.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
So even if my first working visa ended on 12th March when I left my first job..it’s okay that I went home to the Philippines? Sorry I just needed to clarify as I don’t want to pay £3000 for it and ending them rejecting my application.

Kindly note that even though you left your job your still had a valid visa otherwise you would not have been allowed to return to the UK on the same visa.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay thank you very much for your help

Please do accept my answer and leave me a positive review (top right hand side) for me to credited by Just Answer for the advise that I have provided you with today.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Where do I accept your answer sorry?

Further to your e-mail, please click on the 5 stars in the top right hand side of your screen.

Kind Regards