How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 671
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

Can i work as self employed in UK on leave to remain family

This answer was rated:

Hello, can i work as self employed in UK on leave to remain family visa?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I live in UK and im Russian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: I already have visa
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good afternoon and thanks for your question today. What type of leave to remain do you hold?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
British Residency Permit - Leave to enter, work permitted, Family spouse visa

If you have a spouse visa you are not restricted about the work. You can work as a self-employed person.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am i considered to be a British Resident if i entreat UK on 16th Dec 2019?

If you have a spouse visa and live in the UK you are a resident of this country.

I hope I have helped, I would appreciate if you can give me a positive rating as I have answered your questions and if you are satisfied with the answers provided today as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thats when i do Self Assessment and National Insurance contributions registration for HMRC they ask me if i am a UK resident. So, i'am considered to be one at the moment, right?

Yes you are

Tamari Kokrashvili and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, thank you

No problem. Please do not forget to provide a rating.

Thank you! Have a nice day