Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

I am working on a T2 visa with a BRP that expires

I am working on a T2 visa with a BRP that expires 01-02-2020. My wife's father passed away and the services this week. I have not received my new BRP, can I travel on the old one if I return prior to the expiry date?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Live in the UK. New BRP has been applied for and approved, just not received as yet.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No. Visa is approved.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Good evening and thanks for your question today. I am sorry to hear about you family member’s loss.

You can leave the country with current BRP but when you will be entering back, they may not allow you back in because your current BRP must be cancelled for now.

This may not happen but you will be taking a risk.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We normally go through the Registered Traveller line and do not have to show out BRP.

can someone post your new BRP to you by DHL probably and you can come back in the UK with that?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They would have to be available to receive it first. timing may not work. Thanks for your advice, but it doesn't seem worth the risk. Incredibly dumb system that has no overlap of permissions already granted!
I am so sorry for this and that I was not able to give you an answer that probably you wanted but I must notify how it works. When was your visa granted, usually they send Biometric Card within few days.

Can you please provide a rating for today's assistance? otherwise, my help will not count towards my profile. Thank you

This is a reminder to provide a positive rating for the assistance received on 15 January.