Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

Needed help regarding immigration law - Tier 2 General visa

Needed help regarding immigration law - Tier 2 General visa to ILR settlement:I was offered a Tier 2 General visa for a job of Web developer(SOC: 2137) in September, 2014, salary of 24,000£ in a university.
I extended my visa during August, 2017 in the same job. My visa expires 4th June 2020.
I have lived more than 5 years in Tier 2 (General) Visa getting salary of £31,000pa, ILR visa requirement was £35,800 and I was not eligible for ILR.
Now that my job code has been added to Shortage occupants list on Oct 6th 2019, I would like to know if I can apply for ILR provided meeting experienced pay for the job of £25,700.
Can you please let me know if I am eligible for ILR application or is the rule only applicable for new COS issued after 6th Oct 2019?Thank you.
Lokesh

Further to your question, i will revert back to you shortly with a response.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Many thanks for your patient. I would like to confirm that you are eligible to apply for ILR as your current job is on the shortage occupational list, despite of when it was added on the shortage occupational list. I refer you the enclosed guidance and please refer to page 91 and 92.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/846380/tier-2-v34.0ext.pdf

Please do accept my answer and leave me with a 5 star review in order for Just Answer to credit me for the advise I have provided you with today.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Thank a ton for checking and confirming. Much appreciated.