Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

My sister is going to be 40 y.o this year and qualified as a

Customer Question

My sister is going to be 40 y.o this year and qualified as a dentist in Nigeria about years ago.
She would like to relocate to the UK as a dentist. How can she relocate to the UK ? How long would it take? What are her options?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 6 months ago.

Further to your question I will send you the details shortly and the link she will need to use to apply.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello, still waiting for your response.

Further to your question, i do apologise for the delay in responding to you. I refer you below to the link which states your sister will need to successful pass an exam prior to coming to the UK in order to be registered with the GDC (General Dentistry Council).

https://www.gdc-uk.org/registration/overseas-registration-exam/overseas-registration-exam/overseas-registration-exam

Once she has successfully completed the exam and registered then she can apply for any Dentistry jobs that are available in the UK. Once she has been given a Job offer then she can apply as a Tier 2 Migrant to come to the UK and work as a Dentist. I enclose herewith the Tier 2 job role guidance.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-j-codes-of-practice-for-skilled-work

The job reference for Dentist is 2215.

I hope this answers your question and if you would like any further clarification I am here to assist.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does it mean she can start seeing patients when she arrives to the UK or she'll need to do some exams first .
What about her family as she has two kids and a husband. Will it be possible for them to come in as well?Thank you.

She will need to do the exam prior to arriving in the UK, register with the DMC as a Dentist in the UK and then look for a job. Once she has secured employment and a visa then she can travel to the UK. Please refer the guidance I have sent you.

In relation to her family they can apply alongside her as her dependents once she has a job offered and has been issued with a certificate of sponsorship.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards

Please do let me Know of whether I can be of any further assistance to you otherwise please do accept my answer and leave me a review in order for Just Answer to credit me for the advise that I have provide you with.

Kind Regards