Ms-Louise
Ms-Louise, Immigration Solicitor
Experience:  Partner at Solicitors
105281801

Second opinion] I am currently in England on a working visa

second opinion] Hi, I am currently in England on a working visa with my family as dependents and is pregnant with my second child. Once the baby is born, do I gave to pay for the visa and health surcharge for the child?
Good evening
In order for your child to be legally resident in the UK you would need to apply for leave as your dependent, which would mean paying the fee and immigration health surcharge.
In practical terms there is unlikely to be any repercussions if that application was delayed (or not made)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How soon do I have to apply?
The proper answer is as soon as possible.
The realistic answer is as soon as you are ready.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you so much for answering my questions.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry, another thing, are you aware if the increase in health surcharge from £400 to £625 per year is going to happen?
Not as far as I am aware. Obviously, that could change, but currently I am not aware of thaf
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That’s fine. Thank you again for your time.
No problem