How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ms-Louise Your Own Question
Ms-Louise, Immigration Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 187
Experience:  Partner at Solicitors
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ms-Louise is online now

Second opinion] I am currently in England on a working visa

This answer was rated:

second opinion] Hi, I am currently in England on a working visa with my family as dependents and is pregnant with my second child. Once the baby is born, do I gave to pay for the visa and health surcharge for the child?
Good evening
In order for your child to be legally resident in the UK you would need to apply for leave as your dependent, which would mean paying the fee and immigration health surcharge.
In practical terms there is unlikely to be any repercussions if that application was delayed (or not made)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How soon do I have to apply?
The proper answer is as soon as possible.
The realistic answer is as soon as you are ready.
Ms-Louise and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much for answering my questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, another thing, are you aware if the increase in health surcharge from £400 to £625 per year is going to happen?
Not as far as I am aware. Obviously, that could change, but currently I am not aware of thaf
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That’s fine. Thank you again for your time.
No problem