Thank you for the additional information. Based on what you have said, you appear to be eligible to apply for ILR. you would not need to wait therefore for the current permission to expire in order to apply. The general rule is that you should :
“The applicant must meet the following requirements to be granted indefinite leave:
• the applicant must have at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the UK
• there must be no reason why granting leave is against the public good
• the applicant must meet the knowledge of language and life requirement
• the applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal
• the applicant must not be in breach of immigration laws, except
o for any period of overstaying for 28 days or less which will be disregarded
where the period of overstaying ended before 24 November 2016
o where overstaying on or after 24 November 2016, leave was never the less
granted in accordance with paragraph 39E of the immigration rules – for more information on overstaying, see applications from overstayers (non family routes)”
I will attach below the guidance for you to read. Page 8 has the eligibility criteria:
you will be required however, to remain on this permit for one year, prior to being eligible to apply to be naturalized.
I hope I was able to clarify things for you.
kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.
Kindly let me know by clicking on the stars at the top of your screen whether you have accepted the answer given to you today.
all the best with your application