Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

My husband is in UK on a 2.5 year spousal visa. On his BRP

Hi. My husband is in UK on a 2.5 year spousal visa. On his BRP card it says no access to public recourse. He is unemployment and has a medical mental health condition. Is he allowed to claim free prescription on NHS? Can any other prescriptions be obtained free for him as he is unemployed without affecting his visa status when we come to reapply for another spousal visa? Thank you.

Hi How Can I help?

As part of your husband visa application he must have paid towards the Immigration Health Surcharge. This is to access NHS services/hospital etc.

Please do not forget to provide a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit- thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you. Yes he did pay for health surcharge. Does that include free prescriptions if unemployed?

No he needs to pay for theses - only children under 18 are free and those with over 60.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your response.