How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2151
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

My husband is in UK on a 2.5 year spousal visa. On his BRP

This answer was rated:

Hi. My husband is in UK on a 2.5 year spousal visa. On his BRP card it says no access to public recourse. He is unemployment and has a medical mental health condition. Is he allowed to claim free prescription on NHS? Can any other prescriptions be obtained free for him as he is unemployed without affecting his visa status when we come to reapply for another spousal visa? Thank you.

Hi How Can I help?

As part of your husband visa application he must have paid towards the Immigration Health Surcharge. This is to access NHS services/hospital etc.

Thank you

Please do not forget to provide a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit- thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you. Yes he did pay for health surcharge. Does that include free prescriptions if unemployed?

No he needs to pay for theses - only children under 18 are free and those with over 60.

Thank you

Lawyer21 and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your response.