Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I was deported from Britain 30years ago. Now my wife wants

Hi, My name is***** was deported from Britain 30years ago. Now my wife wants us to move to Britain under her ancestral visa. Please advise am pretty concerned about it.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am from Nigeria and my wife is South African.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?
Customer: Not yet. You are the first.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else i can think of

Further to your question as you were deported from the UK over 30 years ago you should be fine to apply as normally the maximum re-entry ban that they can apply is 10 years, however I would need to confirm the details surrounding your deportation. Can I please confirm what was the criminal offence you committed and how long you were sentenced for?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There was no no jail time. I got in trouble when a friend paid in a fraudulent check into my account, I was I believe 17 at the time. The second time i came back illegally. Using a friends British passport.

Many thanks for clarifying that information for me. I can confirm that you can travel to the UK and you should not be refused on the grounds of suitability as the offences occurred such a long time ago.

I hope this answers your question and please do accept my answer.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When completing the application form must I state all of this information?

I would strongly recommend that you include all the information and also add a note to say that it has been over 10 years since you were deported.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much.
Best regards