How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2398
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Mr., from Russia. I'm applying for the spouse visa. My

This answer was rated:

Good morning, Mr Wilson. I'm Victoria Fortnam, from Russia. I'm applying for the spouse visa. My husband is British citizen, retired. He has the State pension and private pension. The only documents to confirm pensions which we have are - Form P60 for private pension and Tax code notice from HM Revenue & Customs where the amount of the State pension is being mentioned. And monthly bank statements showing payment of pensions to the account. Can you please advise if it's enough to confirm pensions or there are other documents. Appreciate your advise. Regards. Victora
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in Russia, we are married for 2 years. We prepared all the documents, evidences. I'm in the process of the Application at the
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: sorry - at the site, online.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mrs Wilson, I only want to clarify about the correct documents confirming that my husband gets the State and private pension. Thank you.

Hi How can I help?

To evidence a pension towards the financial requirement yo will require

  1. (i) Official documentation from:
    1. (1) The Department for Work and Pensions (in respect of the Basic State Pension and the Additional or Second State Pension) or other government department or agency, including the Veterans Agency;
    2. (2) An overseas pension authority; or
    3. (3) A pension company,

confirming pension entitlement and amount (and, where applicable, reflecting any funds withdrawn from the pension account or fund).

  1. (ii) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing payment of the pension into the person’s account.
  2. (iii) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (i), War Disablement Pension, War Widow’s/Widower’s Pension and any other pension or equivalent payment for life made under the War Pensions Scheme, the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the Armed Forces Attributable Benefits Scheme may be treated as a pension, unless excluded under paragraph 21 of this Appendix.

Thank you

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I read it, and I only would like to clarify what Definite documents can be official confirmation of the State pension and the private pension? and if Form P60 is such document for private pension?

P60 is not - This is employee financial tax document for a financial year - 2018-2019. You would need a official letter confirming receipt of State Pension.

Thank you - please do take a look at the link which I have sent.

Please do remember to give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much - so for private pension we need the special letter from the company as well?

Yes for sure!

All the best!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the last question - where to ask for Sate pension letter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
for State pension letter

Department of Work & Pensions

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much!

Please don't forget to provide a positive rating by clicking above and press submit - thank you

Lawyer21 and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you