SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I’m a US citizen and have a UK partner would he be able to

I’m a US citizen and have a UK partner would he be able to come to USA and also be able to work ? All I’m seeing is you have to get married in 30 days and I’m not ready to do that just yet
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: just looking into it live in Colorado I’m a US citizen he is from UK
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just can he work or do I need to support him
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I called the US embassy but they would not give me any info on the phone but referred me back to web site which I found to be confusing with a the different visas

Hi How can I help?

Are you looking to get married?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No not yet

Your partner is British?

When did you enter the UK?

Do you want your British partner to come to US back with you and work?

It may be a good idea to speak over the phone.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I’m a US citizen but born in UK my partner is fom UK

Do you have dual nationality?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes

yes? you want your British partner to come to US back with you and work?

Are you in a position to talk?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Corret

Has your British partner been to US before?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I would prefer on here

He would a Police Clearance Certificate www.acro.police.co.uk

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes on holiday
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sorry he would need a police clearance certificate?

It would be a good idea for him to obtain one given that he is planning to live and work in USA? I have sent you a link which you can look at to assist you further here.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have already looked at that and it is not clear what he needs to do visa to apply for that is why we are asking on here

Have you called them?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
They will not talk to you

Please also take a look at this - this is from the UK Gov website

It is now late and I have a early start - I would appreciate if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - thank you and good night.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Not really the answer I was looking for as done this already but Good night

Good day I noticed you have been speaking to my colleague. Are you still in need of assistance?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
My questions were not answered but given a website but still non the wiser
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I’m looking for answers on how my partner can come out to the USA but also be able to work . I’m a duel citizen and live in USA I want to bring my partner out but we have looked to site and it talks about marriage and I do not want to do that right now what sort of visa should he apply for or can we make a appointment for general questions at the immigration
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
He is a UK citizen
Thank you for the additional information.

What kind of skills does he have? Or what type of job would he be looking to apply for?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
At the moment he is working a prison supervisor in a prison work shop but before he was in the military
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Any casual labour
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
?????
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Please can you respond or should I try again

Hi thank you for your enquiry. I note two experts have been in touch, I do not know if you are still looking for help or how your sessions ended, however your enquiry is still active. You do not need to get married, however if you are looking to rely on your relationship as unmaried partners you will be able to sponsor him on the family visa for his to immigrate into the USA. You will have to prove your relationship is genuine. The application itself is processed at the US embassy in London however as a very first step , you as the sponsor and American citizen will need to submit your petition at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).. If they accept your petition then you submit your application to the embassy. The petition is Form I-130. regrettably its not a fast process .The petition will take several months to process. Once approved, it will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire which will process the visa application

The process for kick starting your application:

The Form I-130 and supporting documentation once you have completed will be posted to:

USCIS Field Office London (I-130)
Embassy of the United States of America
33 Nine Elms Lane
London SW11 7US

The important documents are here for you

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130.pdf

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/i-130-spouse-checklist-20191018.pdf

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/03/USCIS_I130_Photo_Requirement.pdf

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/USCIS_20180102_Three_Part_Immigrant_Visa_process.pdf

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/03/USCIS_20170306_I-130_Instructions.pdf

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/g-1145.pdf

All these links are important as they provide you with the form and very straightforward instructions on how to complete the form and where to send it when done and how to notify of acceptance and the visa application itself.

I hope this helps and I would be gratefulf for your rating of my assistance at your earliest convenience. All the best

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 2 day ago.

You are welcome