Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
105993163

I've been trying to get a fiancé visa for my Filipino

I've been trying to get a fiancé visa for my Filipino girlfriend to come to uk and stay with me I've got an immigration lawyer acting for me but she keeps delaying applying for visa and biometric test this has Been going on since march 2019 I'm going to phillpines in march and want her to come back with me but it keeps dragging on she says everything is ready for application but nothing happens
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm from uk and the immigration lawyer has all by documents I'm British
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Yes I'm just waiting for her to apply but she keeps making excuses for not applying
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so it just seems as though she's making excuses for not applying

Good afternoon and thanks for your question today

Have you already made a payment to your lawyer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just an initial payment of 250 pounds
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has quoted me 1200 pounds but this has been going on since march 2019 and I'm wandering if she is stretching it out for extra money as we only had a verbal agreement she says everything is ready for making the application but she keeps making excuses I keep emailing her but she doesn't always answer

First of all, by law you should have signed a contract, Client Care Letter when lawyer is taking your case.

Write to her email and make an official complaint, if she does not respond ask her for a refund, if she has not done the job you have agreed on, you have a right to request your money back

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh ok I don't think I signed a cotract with her is it normal to take 10 months for a visa as this is been going on since march last year
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I sent her an email this morning asking for an update but she's never replied

No it is not normal process the application preparation for 10 months. You can write an official complaint to her if she still does not reply, you need to find out by whom she is authorised to be an immigration lawyer and you can contact them directly.

I hope I have helped, I would appreciate if you can give me a positive rating as I have answered your questions and if you are satisfied with the answers provided today as it is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now.

Thanks in advance!

This is a reminder to provide a positive rating for the assistance received on 15 January.