Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I am a us citizen who is marrying a uk citizen in Scotland

Customer Question

I am a us citizen who is marrying a uk citizen in Scotland on an approved marriage Visa. We will be living in Scotland. I have a 11yr old son who I may get custody of at later date. Will he be allowed to move to Scotland if i get custody after i am already living there
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing yet in the us. Mother is still deciding if she will release full custody willingly. Can he move to uk after I am already living there
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I will be living in Aberdeen
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 6 days ago.

Further to your question, your son could possibly join you in future. You will need to prove as part of the application that you have continued to play a part in your son's life even after you left the US and you made the decisions in relation to his schooling and health. Please do keep a records of your chat history with your son.

I also enclose herewith the guidance in relation to the same.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child

Please do accept my answer and I am here to help if you require any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How long does the process generally take

Once you submit the application the Home Office can take up to 12 weeks to decide the application.

Kind Regards

Please do let me know whether I can be of any further assistance otherwise please do accept my answer.

Kind Regards