Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

I am considering taking out British citizenship. I have ILR

I am considering taking out British citizenship. I have ILR since 2000 and meet all the criteria part from length of stays outside the UK in the last 12 months and 5 years. I am married to a British national. Is there anyway around this and how can I take be achieved. Thank you, ***** *****

Further to your question, can you please confirm how many days you have exceeded the cap. The Home Office, can apply their discretionary, depending on the amount of time you have spent outside the UK.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
So in the last 12 months it will be 272 days. However in mitigation, I own property in the UK, one of which is my family home, all my financial affairs, family, etc, are UK based and citizens.

If the absences were as a result of accompanying your husband overseas then there is a chance you will succeed as long as you provide the supporting evidence, such as his job contract and a letter from his employer. Furthermore, if you own your home in the UK you will need to provide evidence of the same.

I hope this answers your question and please do accept my answer.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok that's encouraging, thank you for ALL your very helpful responses