How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari Kokrashvili Your Own Question
Tamari Kokrashvili
Tamari Kokrashvili, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 507
Experience:  OISC, LLB (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari Kokrashvili is online now

My husband is British, we are married and also 2 years old

This answer was rated:

Hello, My husband is British , we are married and also 2 years old also is British. We currently live in Georgia and I am citizen if Georgia, hold UK visitor visa for 5 years. Can I apply for spousal visa ? and in case we move back to Uk does it give permit to work? (I have high academic qualification)

Good morning and thanks for your question today.

Please allow me 10 minutes and I will draft full advice on your question. Thanks

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you

You need to make a spouse visa application from outside the UK from Georgia, even if you have a UK visitor visa.

When you will be granted a spouse visa, it will be valid for 33 months, after you need to extend it for another 30 months.

When you will complete a total of 60 months in the UK on a spouse visa, you may be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

You will be free to work and excess NHS while holding a spouse visa.

Also please note that when applying for a spouse visa, yours and your husband's intention must be to live in the UK permanently.

Please let me know if you have further questions and I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you so much for your answer. Our intention is to move in a few years, but at the moment we don't have a house or any property there. Can it be a problem in this case? thank you once more

You do not need to be the owner of the property but when you submit application you need to show a property where you will be living once you will enter the country. You can probably show a rental agreement which will state that once you are in here, you have a place to stay.

I hope I have helped, I would appreciate if you can give me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answers provided today, the rating is crucial for me to maintain my services as it stands now. Thank you

Tamari Kokrashvili and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you so much. I highly appreciate your support

You are welcome. Thank you