How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I would like to enquire about my status of indefinite to

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to enquire about my status of indefinite to remain in UK.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a Chinese citizen and I arrived UK in 2017.09 as a Tier-4 MA student. I switched to Tier 4 in 2018.11 and started to work as a international worker for a gallery.
I intend to terminate my employment contract in the next two mont.
Furthermore, I plan to apply for a phd/Ma started fall, 2020.In this case, will my work period between 2018.11 -2020.03 still qualify for the “five year period” if I find a tier-2 sponsored position again after I complete this MA/PHD in min. one year?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visit the UK in a Chinese tour group visa?
Customer: switched to Tier 2*
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your question.


The work period between 2018 and 2020 was your course still on going at this time and were you on half term/course holiday?


Kind regards