Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I would like to enquire about my status of indefinite to

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to enquire about my status of indefinite to remain in UK.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a Chinese citizen and I arrived UK in 2017.09 as a Tier-4 MA student. I switched to Tier 4 in 2018.11 and started to work as a international worker for a gallery.
I intend to terminate my employment contract in the next two mont.
Furthermore, I plan to apply for a phd/Ma started fall, 2020.In this case, will my work period between 2018.11 -2020.03 still qualify for the “five year period” if I find a tier-2 sponsored position again after I complete this MA/PHD in min. one year?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visit the UK in a Chinese tour group visa?
Customer: switched to Tier 2*
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 12 days ago.

Hi thank you for your question.

The work period between 2018 and 2020 was your course still on going at this time and were you on half term/course holiday?