Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

My spouse visa expired and usually I need to go outside UK

Hi, my spouse visa expired and usually I need to go outside UK to re-apply for a new one, but I saw this information this morning on gov.uk,"If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term
During these unique circumstances you’ll be able to apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 May. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country." SO, for now, does it mean I can apply for a spouse visa from within UK instead of going back to Canada?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a Canadian. My spouse visa expired last year, I filed for settlement on overstay status, got rejected, and now I am appealiing
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Yes, I talked with someone last year, they advice me to file for settlement anyway ,I did, and got rejected last week
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that s all for now.

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question

When did your Spouse visa expire?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
last october

Are you still in a relationship/married with your husband/wife?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we have married for 5 years

Visas would only be extended to those currently unable to return home due to COVID10. Please e aware that the extension is not automatic

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The visa application center in Canada is closed, the hotels and transpotation in Canada are also closed, I have no family or friendst there , there is no way I could go back and survive in Canada, so Can I be termed as "unbale to go home" and apply from here?

No you cannot given your current circumstances and what is currently happening in the country. You can make a fresh application to the Home Office explaining the above circumstances and the travel ban issues. You would of course need to also address the concerns raised in your settlement ILR application

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can I apply from within here or have to go back to Canada?

Inside the United Kingdom

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.